Frozen Chicken Air

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Work ahead!

Finally there seems to be some time available to extend the Bergppallieters climbing infrastructure in Buggenhout!

After an idea of Jan Vanhees and Manu Ibarra, we plan to mount some wooden structures on our existing stone and concrete climbing tower to create a mixed climbing facility, the -pine- wood simulating the ice, and the wall simulating the rock.

I'm eagerly looking forward to this, as it will be a perfect training facility close to home. Did I mention the concrete stone climbing wall is excellent for drytooling already? No need to explain I volunteered for the construction team.

I hope we can get it up quite soon, so I can use it for training before we leave for the Rockies :-)

But there's also other work that keeps me a bit from training nowadays. Past weekend I have been preparing my grassland for winter, and this will still take me some more hours to complete. This kind of work on the land is a workout too, but it rendered my climbing sunday afternoon rather worthless due to fatigue.

Let's hope for some more nice climbing weather next weekend...